Saturday 4 October 2008

Quel âge as-tu? (updated post)

Quel âge as-tu? What age are you? How old are you?

J'ai neuf ans.

Note you are really saying I have 9 years so you can't miss out the ans as you can in English since it won't make sense!

Moi, j'ai neuf ans, et toi? I'm 9 what about you?
Moi aussi, j'ai neuf ans. I'm nine too. (Note the position of "aussi")

To give other ages, you need the present tense of the verb to have, avoir
j'ai - I have
tu as - you have
il a - he has
elle a - she has
nous avons - we have
vous avez - you have
ils ont- they have
elles ont - they have (all F)

Question forms with inversion
Quel âge as-tu?
Quel âge avez-vous?
Quel âge a Pierre?
Quel a-t-il?
Quel âge a-t-elle?

I am uploading ppt file with subject replacement and present tense avoir to blackboard

No comments: